|Watching Burrowing Owls by Pam Murfey|
Formerly known as the Chinsegut Birding and Wildlife Festival, held annually at Chinsegut Conservation Center in Hernando County, the newly expanded festival will include programs, activities and tours to several Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail sites in Hernando, Pasco and Citrus counties.
|Florida Scrub-Jay by Andy Wraithmell|
Expert naturalists will lead field trips to areas such as Crews Lake Wilderness Park, Jay B. Starkey Wilderness Park, Fort Cooper State Park and Withlacoochee State Forest. Boost your wildlife lists with glimpses of Florida Scrub-Jays, Red-cockaded Woodpeckers, Burrowing Owls, Bachman’s Sparrows, Gopher Tortoises, Fox Squirrels, butterflies and other wildlife.
|Variegated Meadowhawk by Katie Macmillen|
Hosted by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, Audubon Florida, Citrus County Tourism Development Council, Hernando County Tourism Bureau and Pasco County Tourism Development Council, this tri-county event also promises a variety of exhibits, demonstrators, vendors and other educational opportunities perfect for the whole family.
|The festival has great opportunities for families by Pam Murfey|
The following field trips are being offered at the Nature Coast Birding & Wildlife Festival
- Ridge Specialties Tour - Florida Scrub-Jays, Red-cockaded Woodpeckers, Limpkin, Burrowing Owl.
- Wildlife Photography at Fort Cooper State Park
- Winged Wonders Over Pasco County - butterfly tour
- Winged Wonders of Chinsegut WEA - butterfly tour
- Withlacoochee River Cruise - Limpkin, Black-bellied Whistling Duck, American Alligator
- Birding 101 at Chinsegut WEA - beginning birding program
- Sandhill Cranes in Pasco County - Florida Sandhill Cranes, American Kestrel, Fox Squirrel
- Crews Lake Wilderness Park -beginning birding program
- Red-cockaded Woodpeckers in Citrus County - Red-cockaded Woodpeckers, Swallow-tailed Kite
- Florida Breeding Bird Atals II - Red-cockaded Woodpeckers, Bachman's Sparrow
- Burrowing Owls - owls plus American Kestrel, Eastern Meadowlark, sparrows
- Bluebirds at Ahhochee Hill - bluebird program
|Southeastern American Kestrel by Jack Rogers|
To register for one or more of these exciting field trips visit the festival registration page
On Friday March 22nd renowned wildlife photographer Reinier Munguia will present a keynote presentation on Biodiversity.
|Eastern Bluebirds by Judy Lyle|
|Sandhill Cranes at Jumping Gully Preserve in Pasco County by Katie Macmillen|
For festival updates, news, beautiful pictures and more like the Nature Coast Birding & Wildlife Festival's Facebook page.
|baby Gopher Tortoise by Katie Macmillen|